Advice for new allround freestyle board?
Ok, I'm stuck deciding on which new board I will buy. I'm looking for an allround board and hope you guys can help me decide based on the following:
- I consider myself an intermediate/advanced rider and am not looking for a beginner board.
- I mainly want a board with a fairly soft flex and sufficient pop which will alow me to have fun and butter - mostly on groomers or soft packed snow.
- I still like to bomb downhill at high speeds, carve and be stable. I dont mind putting in some effort with board but stability is quite important to me.
- Half-pipe, high jumps, rails and heavy park terrains are not my thing…
- ...but I still love a board with enough pop to hit small kickers and boxes.
- I still need to improve on riding switch (perhaps because I've always ridden heave directional boards) but I definetly wouldn't mind a twin (or directional twin) to improve on this.
- Snow conditions vary alot depending on the time of the year or area I go. Allround terrain basically.
- I like to go off-piste now and then , but I already have a burton fish for heavy pow days (which I absolutely love btw, even on groomers) which I take with me on each trip
Currently I'm thinking about these 3 boards:
Pro: Good classic allround camber, great pop, stability, carving Con: Too stiff, not playfull enough
Burton custom flying v
Pro: Fun, playfull, great for buttering, more flex than regular custom, (the 2014 restricted graphics) Con: not enough grip at high speeds, frostbite edges doesn't seem to be doing enough on the board from what I've read
Libtech attack banana
Pro: Really interesting camber/rocker structure, magnetraction, great board for messing around Con: Overall grip and stability at higher speeds
I've had someone suggest me the Burton Antler as it has an even softer flex than the custom V but apparently doesn't let you down when carving at high speed and overall stability. Less pop than the custom however. Not alot of reviews out there however.
Offcourse I'm open for suggestions on new boards,
Bracing myself for the burton hate…