Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Easy quick strap binding modification
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
MoparMan2011

Default Easy quick strap binding modification

Hey guys, wanted to just share this little modification that I did. I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with it but this is how I made my bindings a little quicker to get into.

To my knowledge Salomon is the only one who makes the Fast Fit toe strap. Which if you have never seen keeps the ratchet side and the notched strap attached at all times. You just lengthen the toe strap all the way to slide your boot in, push it down and just give a few ratchets and your set.

I only recommend doing this if you have the cap toe strap and NOT the traditional toe strap that goes on top of the boot.

With a Few pictures below, this is what I did to modify my Burton Customs to do the same thing. Its pretty simple if you have the right tools, and you don't have to do it exactly how I did; just use the same concept.

To start, connect the toe strap and lengthen it out to where the ratchet is on the last tooth of the strap and put your boot on and step in the binding to see if your straps are long enough in the first place and see if you feel like there is enough room to slide your boot in and out easily.
What I did was took a drill with an 1/8 inch drill bit and drilled into the out most part of the toothed side toe strap, giving a little room so it doesn't get ripped out if it gets yanked on. I connected both sides and put an 1/8 inch rivet through the hole. This makes it where the binding can't come all the way undone when you undo your bindings. I'm sure you can use other things in place of the rivet, but I had some and they are light, small, and not very noticeable!

Hope this helps some of you who struggle putting your bindings on standing up or who just want to do it a little quicker. If ya have any questions just ask!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140115_232007.jpg (89.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 20140115_232022.jpg (71.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg 20140115_232122.jpg (65.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg 20140115_232550.jpg (101.8 KB, 102 views)
MoparMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote