Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board•@rt
Thread: Board•@rt
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
CERBERUS.lucid

Location: Born'n'Raised. MAUI, HAWAII...currently passing through Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
if you mind my asking, what did you use to make all of the circles so clean? also, what type of paints are you using? ive been wanting to paint my own deck as well and i wouldnt mind some pointers. ill take pics, of course, when/if i ever get going on it
The bigger circles are from found objects around the studio, & the smaller ones are hand done. The bigger the spheres get the less accurate I become unless there 4-5 ft. circles and I can put my whole shoulder into it. Basically anything bigger than a 50¢ piece and my precision starts to fade.
But the paints are just plain tube acrylics that you can buy at any art supply store, nothing special. They are not like $25 tubes of archival pigments or anything. I say for the most part the expensive paints are only better in MAYBE fades/blending or longer paint play times (how long you can manipulate the paint on the surface before it starts to dry out)...and the paint markers are water based acrylics as well.
As far as advice goes, this is the first time I'm painting up a deck surface & I am still new to acrylics so I can't really suggest anything... but as I continue and come across issues or problems I will document it here for future painter projects.
CERBERUS.lucid is offline   Reply With Quote