Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board•@rt
Thread: Board•@rt
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
CERBERUS.lucid

Location: Born'n'Raised. MAUI, HAWAII...currently passing through Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardChitless View Post
Always wanted to repaint my own lil' jon boat one day... you have just given me a 2nd project one moon yonder. I know getting gelcoats off a fiberglass or aluminum boat is different than this a lil, but I think a lot of similar things/steps take place... like wet sanding & such? Or am I totally wrong with board laminates...

Might be hitting you up in a couple years... by the way, everything is sick, art is impressive, and the top portion of the mountain spines is ridic.

Awesome chit bro!!!
No clue on sanding a boat. But I never wet sanded the deck. Just kinda hit it briefly so there was grip to to primer it first then went straight to the paints. Also I didn't really think to hard about this paint process since I wasn't planning on putting any more miles on the board. After its done I'll seal it with some clear coat or modpodge and retire it to some wall. Now if I was painting a board I was still planning on riding I think I would have sanded it down differently and more cautiously...

Anyways thanx for the love
I wish I actually swallow tailed the board in the shape of a mountain silhouette and at the nose where the floating mountain is I may jig saw it to line up with the mountain profile... kinda like how LIB-Tech cut there Holy Bowly cat ear deck.
CERBERUS.lucid is offline   Reply With Quote