Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 K2 Turbo Dream 159
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Riley212
Veteran Member

Default 2014 K2 Turbo Dream 159

Me: 5'10" 180 LBS, good all mountain rider, beginner park rider. I can carve and ride steep and fast but my knees are getting older so i don't really want to do that type of riding all day. going slower an doing jibs spins and butters is getting more interesting.

K2 Turbo dream 159
Ride RFL boots Size 9.5
K2 IPO large

First ride conditions- night, 36F, corn snow with ice under, fast/no moguls

Flex- medium stiff under and between feet, medium in the tail, medium soft nose. Easy to butter, torsional flex is good enough to be stable.

Stability- Super smooth on edge, no problem carving over and sucking up weird bumps, i never felt like i was being bucked around no matter how fast I went. Flat basing was a little sketchier than normal but never got out of control. Really soaks up up big and small bumps, my other boards you can feel every little thing on the hill, not so here.

Jumps/ollies- very smooth pop on jumps, when the whole board flexes it has snap. not much pop for ollies, you really have to dig to load the tail and even then not much happens. This is probably the only downfall of this board.

Carving/turns- kick turns and skidded turns are very easy, the rocker tips make these type of turns impossible to mess up (good for new riders). Carving is good too, holds the edge up to a point, then lets go smoothly no chatter. You really have to be pushing it, even on ice, to get it to slide out. Good energy from the board through the turn, not spectacular but good. Rides switch just fine, no issues there.

No idea how it works in pow yet, i imagine it will be great based on the shape, looks pretty much like my charlie slasher with a longer tail and no taper.

I wanted something to replace my slasher and banana magic, to bring when i can only have one board when there is fresh snow. This might do the trick.
If you see a a lot of fresh snow usually in bounds this should be one to seriously consider. There are a lot of really good boards out right now, this is one of them i think. TheGoodRide.com review of this board is utter bullshit, as are most of their reviews.

Will post updates as more thoughts and riding come.