Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fat guy & Rossignol Krypto Magtek
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
GregB100

Hi,
I'm 6'2" and 225 lbs and I ride a Rossi Angus in 162 mid wide and it has been great for me.
I think you'll be fine on that board. My bindings are Forum Republics and they work really well with my board and boots. They are stiff enough but still flex some and very comfortable. The toe cap strap really locks my big feet to my board.

I also wear size 12 shoes most of the time but went with size 13's on my boots. I just bought K2 Maysis boots last year and they are by far the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. The double BOA system is great and allows for infinite adjustment throughout a full day of riding.

My advice on the boots is to try on at least 5-6 pairs to get a feel for how stiff you want and how well they fit. Also, don't look at price on boots just try them on and pick the ones that fit best. If your boots don't fit right you won't enjoy your time on the snow, especially for bigger guys, since we're carrying more weight. It was funny, of the six pairs I tried on, the ones I bought were middle of the price change but fit me best. Only spent $215 and couldn't be more comfortable.

I hope this helps and Good luck finding the rest of your gear!
GregB100 is offline   Reply With Quote