Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarders suing a ski slope on constitutional grounds
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

The people who voted that this is legal and constitutional are ignorant fools. Yes, I supposed you could expect a snowboarder to say as much, but here is the rub...this is NOT a private resort. MY TAX MONEY pays for this forest land, and as such, I have just as much legal right to enjoy it as do skiers. Period. No discussion. A privately-held resort can do anything they want. They can say you can't wear pants. They can say there are no greens or blues. The can charge you $20,000 a day to ride (good luck), because they are private companies. While the "resort" of Alta has a lease with you and me, the taxpayers, they are not a private resort. The forest land is owned by the taxpayers, and therefore they have absolutely no right to discriminate against snowboarders anymore than they do blacks, Chinese, New Yorkers, goofy foots, whatever. You are paying for it, you should be allowed to use it. Or allow me to take a tax deduction to offset my denial of use.

Last edited by surfinsnow; 01-17-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Typos in heated rage!
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote