Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarders suing a ski slope on constitutional grounds
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supham View Post
So hikers should be aloud as well?
How about I walk my dog?
Why not? It is pretty common out here in the East...since it is PUBLIC LAND you've paid for with your taxes, leased to the resort by the government to which you've paid your taxes, you can walk up the mountain if you want. Snowshoe. Bring your dog. I've seen it many, many times. You can't use their lifts for free...there is a fee for that. But there is no way the government can keep you off of government land which you've paid for (unless, of course, it is a secure military location, or an airport, etc).

They just ask that you walk to the perimeter of the trails. All the same rules. Let's take it a step further...what is to stop "them" from saying snowboarders can't drive on the access roads to the ski resorts? It's public land, paid for with public funds. Who gives a fuck what is strapped to your feet?

You can hike up it in the summer. I know people who do it naked, because there are so few people. What difference does it make if there is snow on the ground?
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote