Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please list your snowboarding stats
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
gravityhomer

Default Please list your snowboarding stats

I'd like to know how people ride on their board. Everyone is different and people go with what feels right for them, but I am curious to see just how different everyone is. So if you reply, please list the following, I'll start as an example.

style: I'm a beginner (~1.5 years), so my style is to go down easy runs and try not to fall down
height: 5'10"
weight: 185 lbs
boot size: US 12
board length: 157 Custom wide
Stance width: 20 in
stance angle: +15/-3

I'm going to try a slightly wider stance, as this is the inner most setting for the board. I went with that because it was the stance width I used on the smaller board (153) I started out with. A wider stance on the 153, felt really wrong and gave me no control, turning was pretty much impossible. I immediately switched it to a narrower stance and everything felt normal again. I was amazed at how large a difference a single inch in stance width made. I think because of this I am very wary of a wider stance and went with the narrowest on the larger board. I got a longer board because I am pretty sure I was just too heavy/tall for the smaller one. The new board feels good, but now I'm thinking maybe I should give the recommended stance width a try on the larger board. I mean it is larger, so if my stance is too narrow, perhaps I can't get the torsional flex I need. Anyway I'm rambling, so please list these stats at a minimum, and maybe if you want to add any info or history on why you like to ride this way, that would be good.

The idea is that there is a lot of people on the site and it would be great to collect some data and perhaps help give new people a jumping off point, by going with someone who is a similar height, weight, style.
gravityhomer is offline   Reply With Quote