Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any help on improving step-ins design?!?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gleacox

Lightbulb Any help on improving step-ins design?!?

Hey everybody
I'm new to the forum and just wanted some input/opinion from some more real snowboarders such as yourselves. My names grant I live in Iowa and my engineering development and design (EDD) capstone class is challenging my team and i, to improve a hobby we enjoy. so naturally after buying a Craigslist board this x-mas I realized how strap ins can take a decent amount of time, and can really take away from the overall experience especially if your enjoying hills that aren't at a resort or skii park (a.k.a backyard, golf courses, state parks., Short hills, Etc.) my teams overall goal is to create a market for the gap between crappy $30 boards to the $200+ boards with a medium/low priced, medium quality board to help improve # of people involved in the sport, but mainly the overall experience.

Moral of the story:
Any ideas, opinions, criticism (constructive), on the idea of a 80$ (low price, medium quality) board with built-in step-ins for beginners just wanting to find out if that's what they want to pursue. [which in the end improves all boarders options with more $ invested in the market] or another idea of bringing back the "endangered species" of step-in bindings like, flow, but with a more durable, affordable design. ($55)

And for those who are really lazy haha:
Is the idea of designing a 80$ board w/built in step-ins for beginners or redesigning step-ins altogether an appeasing idea to consumers (you)

Any feedback is appreciated
Thanks again,

Last edited by Gleacox; 01-18-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: More info
Gleacox is offline   Reply With Quote