Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Knuckled jumps arghhh
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Default Knuckled jumps arghhh

Well I did "zero" jumping last season and this season, up till last night, I've been spending teaching my daughter and a few other ppl to ride. So zero time in the park till last night.

Our jump line was redone and in great shape. Very low crowds and virtually no one hitting the jumps. Perfect conditions for this old dad to get back in the game.

Again 10'-20' jumps perfect for me and my ability. I don't want bigger, I can play on these safely and have fun with my kids in the park.
Man was I rusty !!!! My approach was great, ride up the transition went super, smooth pop of the lip.
I just couldn't dial in the speed. Too slow I was knuckling or just catching the downside of the knuckle.
When I thought I had more speed somewhere in there I must have thrown in a speed check to late.
Back is a little sore from the jars. Going back today going to dial in that speed and hit the sweet spot of the landing !!

I saw a ton of riders knuckling. Only a very few hit the down ramp. I guess meaning we were all doing it wrong/to slow/bad form or the jumps are to close together, what ever I'm not that good to speculate or criticize but I'm good at form analysis

Hoping to report and possible a video/pic of a better out come.

Just a 46yr old dad having fun in the park with his kids