Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Boarder X !!!?!

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  VinXXX 
G
#1 ·
I want to get into boarder cross next season and i know i'd do well, what do you think is the best way to practise for something like that with such specialized features?

#5 ·
not so hot. it wasnt what I was expecting at all. because Im in the midwest the runs are short, and it was set on a blue, with these speedbumps of death that were almost a foot tall. I had to pop over 8 of these and make a not so sharp bank turn and that was it. I ended up eating it after I didnt pop hard enough over the last one and I contacted the crown of it with the tail of my board which send my nose right into the snow

G
#6 ·
Yikes.... these speed bumps were to close together to pump through?

Find a really crowded harder blue run or a moderate black and bomb it without hitting anything. It's a lot of fun!
HAHAHA you just described the final third of my day everytime i go out. It's so much easier to generalize and refer to beginners/skiers as pylons isn't it?

#7 ·
if you hit one of these you were going airborn no matter what, and with how much force there was upon impact there would have been no recovery. these piles were 3ft tall before they were groomed. they were huge and shaped like speedbumps, only about 8 inches long, but a foot tall so you had to pop. I think some of us were getting up into the 40+ mph range

#10 ·
practice as we always do to become the 'snowboard master' ... ride it, ride it switch, ride out big airs, ride it alllllll out

i rode a melting boarder cross course at whiteface this past sunday

the small 'pump-jumps' as ill call them were close together with a kicker at the end, then some banked slopes, then some more bumps and features

the banks are fun as hell, they should do a small run of them, its kinda like our version of moguls

G
#12 ·
Just ride it oooooout, sounds good! lol

At my home hill they have a couple mountain bike trails that get packed down, and thats all that they are; pretty wide burm/bank turns n straight chutes twisting through the trees :cheeky4:

Now its a little different because you have to surf it out and really kick out ur back foot and keep it there sometimes (so f*ckin fun/cool looking) so its a little bit irrelevant to boarder X but i thought id share lol. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
I've always been interested in getting into boardercross as well. My old snowboard coach told me that the best way to practice during the summer is to get in as good shape as you possibly can. Do lots of squats, leg presses etc. and build your endurance by running and hiking.
I'm going to try out boardercross next season, I've been putting it off for too long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.