Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fat guy & Rossignol Krypto Magtek
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
swaity

Hi again!

I wound up making it out friday night. It was amazing, I forgot how much fun boarding is. I just went to the little hill we have in town here, and to be honest the first run down I had to stop about half way on a not very big hill and catch my breath. After that I seemed to find my groove. Took a decent tumble on my second run but nothing major. Ah it was so much fun, and the day after I'm not in pain really, just my body feeling out of shape.

The board was awesome. For bindings I wound up going to 4 stores friday afternoon and checking a wide range out. I went with the K2 Cinch CTS in the end. I was still a bit leery on strap bindings with my back. For me the Cinch is fantastic, and was in my price range. I got the straps setup at home on my couch exactly how I wanted it. On the hill I open up the rear which pushes up the front straps to make the entry extremely easy, just step in and lean over a bit and pull up the heel lever which had a nice pull string to make it even easier to reach. At the end of the run it was as easy to step out, no sitting and minimal bending. Just hopefully it stands up.

After using it for one evening I think I have a decent setup for my situation. Next I'd like to find an affordable helmet before I go to the mountains.

Thanks again for all the advice and help!
swaity is offline   Reply With Quote