Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First time using a rocker board
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

I've tried many shapes (pure rocker, CRC, V, RCR, RFR) and indeed didn't like some of them for being not gripping or stable enough (mostly rocker or small CRC) for carving or flatbasing. So the general answer to your question: yes, rocker suck for some, I don't like them and prefer trad. camber, RCR or RFR. BUT...

FWIW, Salomon rates the Pulse as super flat hybrid camber. Thus talking about it as "rocker" is somehow misleading. By saying "rocker", I assume a rocker or rocker hybrid (= CRC=rocker between feet), which should not be the case with your board. Would be interesting to see the profile of your board; if it has a detectable microcamber or if it's flat as flat can be. However, I'd assume, it doesn't have a rocker between the feet. This could help to get an overview: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

I don't know how the Pulse rides, so can't say if the problem is the board or you. However, 10d experiece combined with 3y off equals to zero IMO. I had app 50d and app. 5y hiatus and the first days were like beginning from scratch. Being a scateboard pro doesn't make you a snowboard pro... same same but different. The difference from having had a better experience 3y ago could as well arise from different snow conditions (or false memory). I you absolutely want to blame the board, rent one with more camber and check, if it's better.

And a last point... I feel very uneasy reading about "high speed" and total lack of control in the same paragraph... take a lesson or at least take it easy and learn, where this specific board can be pushed and where not and ride accordingly.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote