Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Raptor Review - Carving on Groomers
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
canmanski

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Never Summer Raptor Review - Carving on Groomers

Hey there,

Here are some of my thoughts about NS Raptor and carving on groomers, originally posted on my blog: MeGustaSport - Never Summer Raptor Snowboard Review:

What I like:

+ Easy to find the edge
+ Quick edge change
+ Pop - just right. It helps you out of the turn, great for the little jump between the carves.
+ Flex - the board is easy to flex and it's easy to change the radius of the turn while riding
+ Turn radius - easy to control, perfect for shorter blue and red runs as well as crowded slopes
+ Feels really light on the feet
+ Makes good trenches in the snow
+ It allows relaxed casual riding

What I don't like:
- Torsional stiffness - Raptor does not hold the perfect edge on the steep black runs.
- Too narrow - I've booted out in few turns, specially on the steeps. When I have the opportunity, I'll try the Raptor X model.

Summary:
Great, if you want to take a single board on a family skiing trip. It is truly one of most versatile boards around.
For soft-boot carving on groomed slopes - Raptor is OK, but there are better boards.

Setup:

- Flux SF45 Bndings
- Angles 33/18
- Stance 52cm
- Boots Vans Aura
- Raider Weight 75kg

carve /ka:v/ (v) - to engrave or cut figures as an art, hobby, or trade.
I love carving on the snow. It's my art. It's my hobby. It's my trade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.