Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fat guy & Rossignol Krypto Magtek
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin137 View Post
I know it makes a difference, but for how us old people ride, never really gonna notice it in the same way i don't think...

Have fun, stay safe and just enjoy...
"....How Us Old people Ride!" LOL! That's very well put. I Didn't think to consider the length issue like that. I think You are right tho! Until such time as I maybe get out west and into some really deep shit? Or unless I eventually get past my, (...starting to seem a bit pathological by now.) fear of getting Air? On the groomers & shin deep resort poo, It probably doesn't matter too much if my boards are on the short side.

The one area I think there's an exception, is flat out speed n bombing. If you're into that? Longer will definitely be more noticeably stable especially for us "sides O' beef!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin137 View Post
The weight thing is something different, and as you find yourself more active this will, or should change, i always put on weight in the summer as i am a lazy sod, so end up 260-270lbs, and i always finish the season at least 50lbs lighter, so i take little notice of the weight and i do actually ride a board as small as 153 at times...
.....wish I could figure out how to do that!! I drop a few during the season, but I find after I've spent all day on the slope, in cold and riding first to last chair? I'm freakin' RAVENOUS!! I usually end up eating a lot when Im done for the day.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-19-2014 at 11:35 AM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote