Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fat guy & Rossignol Krypto Magtek
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Not quite reformed yet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Kevin137 View Post
I know it makes a difference, but for how us old people ride, never really gonna notice it in the same way i don't think...

Have fun, stay safe and just enjoy...
"....How Us Old people Ride!" LOL! That's very well put. I Didn't think to consider the length issue like that. I think You are right tho! Until such time as I maybe get out west and into some really deep shit? Or unless I eventually get past my, (...starting to seem a bit pathological by now.) fear of getting Air? On the groomers & shin deep resort poo, It probably doesn't matter too much if my boards are on the short side.

The one area I think there's an exception, is flat out speed n bombing. If you're into that? Longer will definitely be more noticeably stable especially for us "sides O' beef!"

Originally Posted by Kevin137 View Post
The weight thing is something different, and as you find yourself more active this will, or should change, i always put on weight in the summer as i am a lazy sod, so end up 260-270lbs, and i always finish the season at least 50lbs lighter, so i take little notice of the weight and i do actually ride a board as small as 153 at times...
.....wish I could figure out how to do that!! I drop a few during the season, but I find after I've spent all day on the slope, in cold and riding first to last chair? I'm freakin' RAVENOUS!! I usually end up eating a lot when Im done for the day.

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
2015/16 (00) days!

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-19-2014 at 12:35 PM.