Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First time using a rocker board
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

DIRECTLY FROM EVO's SITE;

Salomon Pulse Wide Snowboard 2013
Salomon Pulse Wide Snowboard redefines value and performance with features like a mellow flex and Directional Twin shape that will make riding more fun everyday day....
Rocker Type
Super Flat - All terrain versatility comes in this flat profile for catch free spins, honest presses and stability.

Anything NOT Camber seems to get referred to as "Rocker!" But neni & others are right,... It is a flat profile board! It might be raised some at the tips for float etc, but that is still technically NOT a rocker board! Not according to those specs!

I have a Rome Garage "Rocker!" It is a flat profile board, having the entire edge's running length in the snow at all times, except right at the contact points where it raises up slightly. I find it to be reasonably stable and turns just fine. In the right conditions!! It's not an ice rider, or super hard charging board. In soft snow, fresh & nice soft groomers! It Flies!! It will wash out on really hard carves and it's nowhere near as soft/flexible as yours BUT,.. as soft as your board is? I wouldn't expect it to carve all that well except maybe for the most experienced of riders!!

-edit-
Oh,.. and for the sake of clarity. I learned to ride on an 2010/11 Arbor Roundhouse 163W. Full Camber, directional twin, with a 2" setback stance! My other two boards are a Rome GR 159 and 2012/13 Never Summer Proto CT. Hybrid CRC 157,

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-19-2014 at 04:36 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote