Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Return to Snow - Knee Pain & Setup
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
cbrown89

Default Return to Snow - Knee Pain & Setup

Hi,

First post here and looking for a little advice after reading through the threads for a while.

I recently started snowboarding again after 7 years away and although loving being back I have started getting pain in my right leg (inside and behind) at the end of a days riding.

After reading a few threads I believe it could be caused by a few things, board set up, boots insoles required and existing mild injury to my MCL.

I am 6ft 6", weigh 200lbs and ride goofy, currently my bindings are set to front foot +15 and back foot +3 with my stance at 23". I usually feel the stress in my front leg towards the end of the day and then the next day.

I spoke to someone in the store I bought the board from and he recommended reducing the stance width and pulling the front foot angle back to 9/10 degrees. Also, I have size 14 (US) feet so I couldnt be picky with the boots as a result they arent as tight as I would like them to be.

Does anyone have previous experience with this or any advice on setup?
cbrown89 is offline   Reply With Quote