Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Experienced Snowboard Selection Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ndanielson

Default Experienced Snowboard Selection Advice Needed

I'm looking to get a new stick, but I'm wary...

I'm 6'1, 200lbs, sz 11.5 boot
I ride anything and everything, more freestyle/AM, but i'll jump and jib all day too.

I own:
2007 Ride Control 161
2009 Gnu Riders Choice 155
2012 Forum Honeypot 151.5
2014 Nitro Rook 154 (have yet to ride)
I've demoed and swapped many other boards as well...

Problem:
I've ridden a ton of boards, rockered, cambered, hybrid, all of it. But the board I always end up back at is the 2012 Forum Honeypot 151.5... It does everything I want it to, at whatever speed I decide. I've literally taken it on everything and it hasn't let me down yet. But obviously its really short for my mass. I'm wondering if my weight changes it's hybrid camber profile, am I literally smashing the profile on these little boards? I'm also wondering what I might gain by moving up to a 159+? I can ollie higher on the forum than I can on either the ride or the gnu or most other boards for that matter... and with such short length in the forum it is much easier to stick 3's and 5's... I also enjoy powder more in the forum than I do in the gnu... Am I missing something that every snowboard size chart seems to know? I'm just a bit lost as to why I find such a small board better than one "fit" for me...

The boards I'm currently looking at:
Bataleon Jam, Evil Twin, Goliath
Capita BSOD
Ride Machete GT
Rome Mod Rocker

I snowboard Vail, Breck, Beaver, Keystone as I have a home in Breckenridge, I love bombing cliffs, chutes, bowls and tree powder runs, but I also frequent the groomed areas and parks with friends, any advice on a board and most notably the size?!?

Thanks
Ndanielson is offline   Reply With Quote