Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First time using a rocker board
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Soul06

Just read through this whole thread. Its a bit sad. From what I see this is what I think is really happening...
The OP, coming from a skateboard background where he was sponsored and better than the average rider, really feels some type of way about not being able to take to snowboarding as easily as he did skateboarding. Hence his opposition to the suggestions of taking lessons. People have given some really great advice about centering yourself (body weight) but it appears to have fallen on deaf ears. He doesn't want to accept that his skills are possibly the issue and would instead choose to place blame on the board.

I have sort of been in the same boat. First time I went riding I only watch a couple of youtube videos and used a rental (its was like a 149 they gave me). I road fine all day. No problem turning, stopping, getting up, etc etc. Next year bought my own board; Burton Flying V 157. Fell A LOT. Had a hard time controling my turns. Couldn't get up to any speed without getting squirrely. Started thinking it was the boards fault for being a hybrid. But I humbled myself. Thought to myself, "This board was made this way intentionally. I'm not the only one out here with hybrid. So clearly it CAN be ridden....just not by me right now." So I needed to find out what I was doing wrong. Luckily I found this forum. Read lots of threads and comments from people who could ride a lot better, harder, faster and steeper than me. Help me TREMENDOUSLY. Perhaps thats what the OP needs to do. Humble himself, let go of the defensiveness and heed the advice of those who CAN ride the same type of board that he is having trouble with.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote