Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boots for a Newbie... help
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubadc View Post
Hi guys, after my 5th time doing snowboard I felt in love for it, and now I'll invest some cash on it.

....I want to decide the boots

So, I'm trying to find some below $180, what do you guys suggest?
At rentals I rented, 2 soft and 3 medium, and I preferred the medium flex.

I'm 6.3 - 200lbs

Thanks!!
Even with VERY specific issues and questions regarding boots. Any, all of our recommendations would be just this side of worthless! Every foot is unique and even with the same issues, what works for me may not work for you!

If you have some specific fit issues, i.e. wide foot, high arch, narrow heel etc. We can usually point you towards brands that generally accommodate such boot fit issues, but that is still no guarantee that you will find any of those to be comfortable!

The best and most often quoted advice given here is,... "Try on as many different brands, pairs, styles as you possibly can before making a decision!" Boots are a Way more important consideration in the beginning than what board you get! Comfy feet keep you riding longer, progressing quicker!

You do have one advantage right now in that you seem to already know what you want in the way of flex & feel for your boots. A lot of us didn't even have a clue about that when we first started looking!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote