Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any decent cheaper bindings?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
unit11

Default Any decent cheaper bindings?

As I've posted, I'm interested in getting equipment this season, and have an idea of what I want (going to check out my local shop today, they are having a sale). I've looked up models, gotten your recommendations, and found reviews for boards. I know to find the best fitting/most comfortable boot for my feet.

However, I'm lost as to what to look for in bindings. Can I get by with a cheaper/lower end binding ($125ish or less)? I'd like to get decent gear to last a couple seasons, but I don't have as big of a budget as I thought I would for the gear. Can I scrape a little off here, or should I wait until next end of this season to get higher quality when I have more cash and there are sales?

For reference, I'm looking to spend $150ish on boots, $300ish on board, and $100-125ish on bindings for intermediate level gear. Don't need super high end, because I'm a little casual in my style, but I need something better than beginner so that I can actually get better. Been riding for 5 years on rentals, though didn't get out last two seasons much. Ride with an all-mountain approach, free riding on everything I can find and taking little natural jumps for kicks.