Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union Factory questions
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
NZRide

Default Union Factory questions

Hey there,

Not too many actual riding reviews of the Union Factory bindings since they are fairly new into the market. I'm considering Cartels, Vitas, 390 Boss, and these Union Factorys as my options. Currently using 390s, love the flex and movement on these, but want Canting which is the reason for my selection above.
I think the Factorys are stiffer, perhaps more like a Targa? Which I'm not so keen on in theory, but anyone ridden these and attest to the flex vs say a 390 or Vita/Cartel? Since their website sux donkey balls, I'm looking to you good folk, on real life experience with these.

Its really the only other option I'd like to consider before making my call. The Unions look pretty simple, which I think is one of their favoured characteristics. So just how much adjustment is there?
Moveable heel cup (to adjust length and therefore foot position in binding). Toe ramp position?(for same reason above).
Back strap position to adjust response level? Front toe strap position (forward or back to get best position on boot?
Oh just point out I don't have any experience with Union so I cannot relate to comparisons with Forces or Contacts etc, but still appreciate any feedback from anyone thats ridden them (and isn't Travis Rice). Comparisons to Rome would be the ultimate, but vs Burton I have a good idea.
NZRide is offline   Reply With Quote