Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union Factory questions
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Factory have a different feel from the 390 and Targa. I'll try to explain without getting confusing. The Factory Baseplate is plastic so is has a bit of flex to it, but is still pretty rigid, where the Targa baseplate has a more rigid solid feel. The Factory ankle strap is similar to the Targa, and more responsive than the 390 (I always found the 390 strap a bit soft). The Factory toe strap is smaller than the Rome strap, but the Factory toe strap is very responsive, and admittedly, a bit of an improvement from previous models.

As far as adjustment, there is quite a bit. You can get a size 11 boot into a M/L binding.

Highback rotation, heel-cup adjust, strap length adjust (toe and ankle), toe ramp adjust, two toe strap position options, and unlimited stance width options (the slots are long enough to extend nearly to the next set of holes). The only thing it doesn't have is multiple ankle strap options. But it's in a pretty centered position. It doesn't sit so high that it restricts upper boot movement, but not so low that you lack toe side response.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote