Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - HELP: Changing Burton Boards
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
cashnugent

Default HELP: Changing Burton Boards

Hey ladies/bros. I'm here for a little help since I need a new board after 7 seasons and it feels like I'm breaking up with my long term GF or something - I don't have any perspective on what has changed and is out there today.

Basically, I have been riding a 159 Burton T6 on a variety of terrains (except park). I like cruisers, trees, pow, groomers, back country - and operate like an all mountain rider, sans park. The old T6 is camber stiff and light, great at speed, and tough in packed/ice when necessary. Ive taken it in plenty of trees over the years, and it never felt fully right for that.

Now, after learning more about how I want to ride, I would like something a little less stiff and slightly more flexible/forgiving (possibly shorter?), without losing the all of confidence that the T6 has given me at speed and on edge (with zero vibration). I'm basically looking for something between the Mystery or T6 and the Custom or Process Flying V (yes, I realize that these are only Burton boards and there are other options too - this is just the brand I know).

So the Antler Flying V has peaked my interest and I'm comparing it to the Custom and the Mystery (insane $) lines. I have heard that the Antler can get splashy at high speeds which worries me. I am an intermediate to advanced rider so I don't know how much that will affect me in that I may not push a board as much as others do. My stats are 5'8", 160, 9shoe - I don't ride goofy or switch much. I ride everything I can in the midwest and northwest territories (t-ride, whistler, boat, taos, park city, vail, etc).

If anyone has advice on the Antler, Mystery, Custom (or suitable alternatives) based on the context here, it will be greatly appreciated and the keepers of valhalla will prepare a special place in the great hall for your coming.

Many thanks.
cashnugent is offline   Reply With Quote