Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sugarbush MLK Weekend Report
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
vknyvz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sugarbush MLK Weekend Report

Saturday was absolutely devastatingly(is that a word?) horrible day. it's either thin cover or just ice sheet? don't even try blacks they are ice rink. I wasn't sure I was at Sugarbush for a second I thought I was in Bryant Park public ice rink...I went to the guest services asked for a voucher, the lady there (and the patrolman) interrogated me, which mountain peak base I have been, which trails I rode, what is my skill level, what kind of a board I ride on. Patrolman `insisted` I should clearly ride on the blues. Clearly the mountain watching me when I ride, they know my skill level. She wasn't very nice about it at all but at the end I got a day voucher that I can use at any day till the end of this season. I will probably sell that on here or craigslist.

Sunday, ice sheet again but a little bit better on the blues but blacks forget about it ICE

Saturday, complete back to ice again, I don't really know how they claim to have good conditions, I wasn't happy at all.

maybe I am comparing apple to oranges... I might be spoiled we just got back from our Christmas trip, actually it's been 2 weeks (wow). This was my first trip after Colorado, and man it's-just-different. Snow doesn't even look the same. This crusty, man made fly-with-the-wind, thin snow looking thing no never near compares. But aside from that, conditions were not good period.

Also a side note: they apparently received some 2-3 days straight rain, it messed them up a bit.

Also, selling my 1 full day ticket voucher for $70. Regular price is $89. If anybody is interested let me know. I don't usually go to SugarBush.

Setup
2014 Never Summer Proto HDX 158cm
2012 Flow Trilogy Bindings XL