Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Splitboard purchase
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:22 AM   #126 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I checked them out at SIA. Talked to their rep for a good 30+ minutes maybe longer.

Being a typical rep he tried to sell me on the fact that there tip/tail attachments were better than what it typically offered. Seemed to be more of a pita to me than the benefits it gave. Durability wise, I believe Greg Hill is one of their athletes, so they are definitely getting mileage.

As far as the skin adherence, it seem to work well. I put them on my head, rubbed around on the floor. tried all sort of stuff. They really didn't pick up anything. No way they wouldn't stick if you dropped them in the snow.

My thoughts are that you would probably want to mod out the skins with a spark or sts/g3 tail kit, and probably mod out the tip attachment too. Which for an expensive set of skins is kind of ridiculous. I was going to try to get a set from them to review, or just pro form through FOBP. Since last season was so bad out here I never got motivated enough to pursue it. Durability was their big problem out of the gates and it seems to have been taken care of. Overall they were good guys and were very receptive to constructive criticism about their product.
Any news here? (Geckos were recommended by my goto shop)

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote