Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Foot pain wearing K2 T1s
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eat Sleep Shred

Default Foot pain wearing K2 T1s

I have a pair of 2013 T1's that I got at the end of last season. I've had about ~35 days on them. My measured foot size is between a 10 and 10.5, the boots are size 11. They fit slightly loose in the two box but are snug in the ankle. A few weeks ago they developed a nasty pressure point on my instep from the boa conda. It seems the harness has worn down the foam in the liner and it is no longer padding the cables. I have tried adjusting the harness up and down and I can either get it to alleviate the pressure point at the cost of heel lift or vice versa.

The options I've come up with are to hold out with this boot until end of season sales and purchase a smaller boot. I've tried on the TM2 at my local shop and the 10.5 fit very snug with no pressure points. The other option is to purchase a new liner from Intuition in the same size with a higher density and stiffness. That would warrant me better heel hold without having to crank down my boa. I would ride the new liner in the old shell for the rest of this season and most of the next.

Any advice on which would be the better option? I prefer to ride stiff boots so even with a sale price I'm looking at around $250 for new boots, but a new liner will only cost about $175. Any other ideas for extending the life of my T1s? I don't feel like I've gotten my money's worth from them with only 35 days, but I don't want to risk injury from a poorly fit boot.

Last edited by Eat Sleep Shred; 01-21-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Eat Sleep Shred is offline   Reply With Quote