Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Decent boarder but leg just wants to come out! PLEASE HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Klang180

Default Decent boarder but leg just wants to come out! PLEASE HELP!

Hello guys

I have been boarding for a far while now. In all i have probably got around 6-7 months of snow time in total. Understandably this means i am of a decent standard and can link turns easily, carve and bomb slopes very competently.

However my freestyle is nowhere near the level of my freeride and i put it down to one thing, my back leg always feels like it wants to come out as if going to heel side stop.

I have tried everything to keep my upper body neutral and movement to a minimum (when appropriate of course i.e. not when carving) but no matter what i do when i am going flatbase or a little on an edge it always feels like i am fighting my back leg from kicking out a bit.

I have loads of time on the mountain and am comfortable leaning into slopes, going fast and riding all conditions and so it isn't just a case of me not putting in the time and being a bit inexperienced.

To make matters worse, and perhaps related to this, my front leg quad absolutely burns whilst riding and only lets off when i go switch (terrible at it as i can't flatbase my heel only turn) or when i get into a really hard carve. Does this tell me anything about my style and why perhaps i can;t get into this neutral position.

It is really getting me down as i love to hit kickers and really want to progress at this area of riding but feel restricted by this lack of a relaxed boarding stance in which to approach the lip.

I have tried everything i can think of but it still doesn't seem to go away (the wandering back leg and painful front quad).

I am 6ft2", 185lbs, ride a 23.5" stance at +12 -12 and have my highbacks on neutral. I can't see how it can be my setup as i am sure many people my stats thrive on that setup so what can it be?
Klang180 is offline   Reply With Quote