Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Ever Use Their Splitboard Inbounds?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
AcroPhile
Veteran Member

Default Anyone Ever Use Their Splitboard Inbounds?

Broke my binding last week and while I'm waiting for replacement parts to arrive all I have in the meantime to ride with is a really ancient pair of Flow bindings I can swap out or my splitboard.

I really didn't feel like dealing with my ancient pair of Flows so I decided to try out my splitboard (162cm K2 Panoramic w/ Sparks bindings) inbounds.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect but after a few laps I realized it feels very similar to my solid board. Trees, pow, and bumps were great but while riding groomers I did notice a difference. Mainly, transitioning from one edge to the other when making turns felt weird and riding flat (not on edge) on the slow spots felt really squirley.

Just wanted to get some your thoughts on riding riding a spilt inbounds. I'm also wondering how much of the differences in riding can be attributed to it being a split vs. just because it was a different and longer board than I'm used to riding inbounds.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote