Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is Snowboarding Making a Comeback?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
tonicusa
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is Snowboarding Making a Comeback?

It seems just a while ago (5 years?) the bottom was dropping out of snowboarding. Independent shops were going under right & left, small brands were disappearing overnight, and a lot of pro riders were quitting to get mainstream jobs. The magazines were struggling, everything looked hurting.

I was given the December issue of Snow Board magazine and its printed on great paper stock and the quality of the ads and photography looks like something out of a design annual. I was shocked. Everybody has a slicker more sophisticated ad spread than I've ever seen. The sophistication of some of the marketing from these small brands is noticeable.

What's going on? Is snowboarding making a comeback? Or are people and small startups more savvy and sophisticated than ever in graphic design, branding and production? Or are all of these brands now owned by a few behemoth conglomerates?

Any way it's nice to see snowboarding back on the leading edge of style, design, and personal expression. Blah blah boohya