Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Problem - Smith IO with Smith Vantage
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
EvilWilberforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
They are basically made for each other. The resting your goggles on the brim part will happen with any brim style helmet. I have the vantage helmet and you just need to find the sweet spot to put them. My smith goggles clip the same as the I/O in the back and I have never had an issue with them coming unclipped. In the link below though, there is a review of your goggle/helmet combo and what I saw that was different was how he has the helmet/goggle strap/lock thing in the back spread out around the clip. I would think this would cause the clip to possibly be pushed together and come undone? Maybe that's what happened with yours? Or maybe somehow this way alleviates your issue?
Smith I/O with Vantage
Exactly, the rubber lock squeezes the two clip pieces together and the strap comes undone. I have no idea how it's not happening to him in that picture on the link you sent. Maybe the rubber lock on mine is tighter than it should be?

I'll keep trying to find that sweet spot where the goggles don't slide off the helmet!
EvilWilberforce is offline   Reply With Quote