Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new board advice
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Riley212
Veteran Member

Probably a 157-159 size.

Your TRS is gonna feel pretty similar to the Proto and the Custom FV. The flex and camber profiles are very similar, the proto might be more stable at speed but i havent ridden the new one.

The DOA is very stable but not very damp, you dont get bucked by the big bumps but you feel every little one, it helps to have cushy bindings and boots. Lots of pop, kinda heavy. true twin, best for spins and riding switch. I tried this board for freestyle and bought a salomon villain instead.

The Turbo dream is really fun and smooth on jumps and in pow but there isn't a lot of pop. flatbase-ing at speed on groomers can be sketchy because the tips just kinda float around. This isnt really a problem for me because it is damp and stable on edge and I'm usually carving down groomers, not going straight. I own this board

Based on my experience with the villain; I would point you to the Salomon Assassin. it is a funky flat topped camber with raised tips, has full sized tips for powder, is a medium flex, is true twin, lots of pop. I wish i tried this board before i bought my villain.

I have the Turbo dream for days with fresh snow and a salomon villain (slightly softer assassin) for days without.