Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Narrowing stance - bindings setup
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
gr00mrCruzr

Question Narrowing stance - bindings setup

Hi guys. I'm an intermediate rider, mostly like cruising the blue groomers and occasional powder, but I don't ride switch much or do tricks/park stuff at all. I just got a new 153cm Rossignol Taipan Amptek board. It's a directional-twin all-mountain board with a default setback of 13mm, on a 2x4 hole pattern. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but I was playing with the binding setup a little bit last nite.

I'm 5'6" tall. If I mount the bindings on the default reference holes, the stance (at about 21.5") is a little too wide for me. If I move BOTH bindings equally one hole toward the center of the board, and thus keeping the same setback, the stance is a little too narrow. If I move only the rear binding one hole foward from the ref point -OR- move only the front binding one hole back, the stance width is perfect. However, my question is should I move the front or the rear binding? Also, how will each of the two options affect the board's performance for my riding style?

Per my calculation, moving the front binding back one hole will increase the setback from 13mm to 23mm, while moving the rear binding forward will reduce it to a mere 3mm (making the stance practically almost centered from the tip and tail).

I'll try each setup next time I go up, but for now I wonder what you guys think.

Thanks!
gr00mrCruzr is offline   Reply With Quote