Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Day 1 down...now day 2
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kjarahz

Default Day 1 down...now day 2

Alright,

Made a trip to Maggie Valley in NC, everything went well. A bit of background I've skateboarded for about 15 years and surfed for about a season. Things went well, I stayed on the easy slope for about 3 runs, I was doing well then rode every intermediate hill and noticed speed was my biggest issue.

Even on the easy slope, I could carve between people breezing through no big deal and then towards the bottom it got pretty fast. The end was quite slanted and I would just haul and try to carve but I'd always end up on my heelside for a brief amount of time then stopped on my butt

After the day was over, I was killing the easy slope navigating carving up the 1/4 ramp shaped wall on the side going around everyone then I caught stupid speed at the bottom to my demise. I think I just knew I was going to fast and just gave up.

What can I do to prevent this speed issue, I also seem to have no issues toeside carving and scrubbing a bit of speed but heelside I can't seem to lock my body into position all the time and stay, sometimes I just swoop around switch without trying. Never happens toeside though and for whatever reason that ends up being comfortable.

Towards the end I could really go back and forth aggressively by taking and utilizing my back foot heavily. But I was eventually too tired to even do that and that was when I tried the last ride for the day...bad choice on the intermediate slope ha.

Overall great experience but, what do I do next on my way to Colorado at Keystone. How can I make the most out of my trip while having fun and staying upright without gaining way to much speed. Ideas on my carving and how to not spin around and keep my body from just following through, I can hold it toeside like a big powerslide on a skateboard. Can't heel so easy unless I was really tired?

Where do I go from here, cheers.
Kjarahz is offline   Reply With Quote