Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Trouble with cat tracks
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
freetheanimals
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Trouble with cat tracks

This is my second season boarding. I had felt good about my progress, especially since I can ride green runs without falling now. I live not far from Whistler and have an Edge pass so I can ride a couple of times a week there.

I "had" been feeling good about my riding until today. My wife, who is a skier, suggested we take the new Harmony chair to do the Harmony run to the Roundhouse. She had mentioned it was a bit of a cat track but I thought, "Well, I'm pretty good now so that shouldn't be a problem." How wrong I was! I struggled down the run because I'm used to having more room to turn (I'm not great at tight turns yet). Every time I tried to turn some skier would fly by me and cut me off. And the drop off on the north side of the run spooked me a little. My confidence was shot by the time I reached the Roundhouse.

Anybody have advice about how to deal with a long cat track like Harmony?