Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice on a new board
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
moranchula

Default Looking for advice on a new board

Hopefully this reaches the right people .

I am 19 years old living in the northeast (US) and I am looking to buy the Burton Blunt 2013 model. I am 6'2" 200lbs (188cm and 90kg). I wear a size 12 boot and i have pretty large feet.

I have only been snowboarding about 7 times and so far I have either rented or borrowed equipment from friends. I feel that it is time to buy my own board and start making riding a more frequent thing. I feel very comfortable on a board and I think part of this is because I have been longboarding forever. I have done double blacks as well as terrain parks and I am willing to try anything. I know my limits though so I am just looking for a decent board that allows me to cruise, carve huge slopes, and hit the terrain park every now and then.

Alright this is where I need advice.

Is the Burton Blunt a good board for a beginner that feels more like a pseudo-advanced rider? (not trying to toot my own horn )

I believe my ideal board size would be 157-160. I do like more control so I am thinking the 158 would be the best fit. yes?

Do I need a wide board if my bare foot measures to 28.5 cm?

I know nothing about riding angles. Last time I rented I experienced some discomfort because one foot was at a different angle I believe. Any suggestions on riding angles, or is it a personal preference?

The board shape? I read that the V-rocker on the Blunt is a good shape for beginners because it is very forgiving. I have used a flat and cambered before and I enjoyed riding both.

I guess ultimately I am asking for help finding a solid board for a very adventurous beginner who will be using this board a lot.

Also any tips on bindings and boots much appreciated! I was told it might be best to start off finding boots then bindings then boards, but this Burton Blunt is a great deal at a local shop and I kinda want to jump on it.
moranchula is offline   Reply With Quote