Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#2,293 ·
Whats up people, I am from the DC area and started riding around 90' or 91' on a Morrow multipro. I currently ride a Custom X with triad est and a K2 Parkstar with cartels. I'm thinking about a Never Summer or Gnu as my next board. Coming back from a knee injury and still haven't been back in a park yet since my knee is still not that great...thankfully it is my front knee and I can freeride without too much trouble. Might get back to hitting some kickers later this season if it holds up. Planning on making a trip out west again this year. Also hitting the local mid atlantic resorts and maybe a trip up to New England, probably NH and maybe VT.

#2,294 ·
I'm new here. It looks like this is the right place for this. I grew up in Ohio ripping the 230' vertical of a converted landfill, now I live in central New York and have much bigger "hills" to ride and more snow. That's about it. Enjoy.

#2,295 ·
New Boarder from Texas

I'm headed up to Steamboat here at the first part of February, I've only been sking once about 16 yrs ago, so this will be my first time out boarding. Looking forward to getting down some blue black before i leave, and hope to find a shack or two to visit!

#2,296 ·
-Im from Florida, and usually go snowboarding once a year.
-I have been boarding for 5 years.
-22 years old, and love the outdoors.
-I am looking to purchase a 70%mountain/30%park board.
- All opinions are appreciated on bindings and boards, because I will be buying one next month.
- Hoping to gradually become better through tips and experience.

#2,297 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I've been snowboarding about 1-2 times a year for the past 4 years. This year I plan on buying my own board and make more of an effort to get out with buddies and hit the slopes.

I'm From Michigan, 26, married with 2 kids. Can't wait to learn from you all and get to know you better.

#2,298 ·
New to the forum from NJ

Hi, I'm new here but been boarding for 8 years or so. I live in NJ and will do a morning session at Blue MT or a full day just about anywhere else. I like Belleayre mountain in NY also because hardly anyone goes there and they have some tough\fast terrain. Next thursday I will be on a plane heading to Vail. I've been to Heavenly and Kirkwood in Tahoe and loved both places, The Milkway bowl in Heavenly is one of my favorite places on earth but there wasnt much else in Tahoe that made me wanna stay. I'm told I will never want to leave CO after this trip.

My everyday stick is a Burton T6 156. I purchased it in the summer months for $225 with triad bindings on fleabay. I gave the bindings to a friend because they were too big and threw on a set of craigslist cartels. I don't do much in the park other then jump and grab stuff, my boards too stiff to have much fun in there anyways. I do go as fast as I can at all times. I love the speed that my board gives me, nothing is better then carving out a lazy wide line early in the morning. For my trip I just purchased a new board, well its a leftover from 2004!!! So yeah an 04 Burton fish 160. Alittle big for me (175-180lbs) but I'll muscle it around just fine!

Other then boarding I rock climb, play in three indoor soccer leagues, shoot guns and MT bike. I also work in IT to pay for all my hobbies.

#2,300 ·
Hi everyone,

I decided it was time to post an intro since I've been posting around here recently. Been reading the forum off and on for about a year now.

Snowboarding is deffinitely my theropy, I go up there to forget about everything and have a good time. I'm so addicted it's not even funny, been self taught so far. Let's just say not learning how to stop first didn't come with out a price...

Anyway people seem to like some stats so here goes:

Live and From: Portland, Oregon
Stomping Grounds: Ski Bowl, Meadows
I rock a Snaggletooth Operation Jacket most of the time, thinking about getting some matching pants this year.

Just got a new setup for this year so stoked! :yahoo:
Board: 2013 GNU Carbon Credit replacing a Burton Clash
Bindings: Burton Cartel replacing Burton Freestyles
Boots: K2 Raiders

#2,301 · (Edited)

My name is Annie and I reside on Cape Cod and Bonaire (where I windsurf and SUP). I met someone who has turned me on to snowboarding. I have snowboarded at Cranmore and Bretton Woods and look forward to more experiences in NE and beyond. Am fairly close to Wachusett, where I used to ski, years back so will head up there for day trips.

First Snowboard Experience With Lesson: Cranmore Jan. 18
Second: Bretton Woods Jan. 19

I do not own any gear yet so look for advice. After day two, I get the concept of toe turns and toe stops and need a bit more practice on heel turns and heel stops. I feel I hestitated on both due to severe butt pain and bruising. :)

I hope to be on black diamond trails by 2015!!

#2,302 ·
Hey guys my name is Jesse, I am 21 years old, I live in Southern California and I just started to Snowboard about a month ago. I have always wanted to snowboard since I was younger; however, my parents would not let me in fear that I would get seriously injured. My first time was really fun and exhausting. My body was on a different level of sore that I had never felt before. I can't wait to go back and practice some more. I hope to learn some useful knowledge on this forum :D

#2,304 ·
hello new here

heres the profile

Name: Eric

i am new to snowboarding tomorrow i will be my fourth time out. i have so far been to jack frost big boulder, camelback and montage mountain.

my girlfriend and I both started learning together but on days that she works and i have off and want to go(like tomorrow) i will be going alone, so meeting new people is always a plus for me

#2,305 ·
Jason

Mostly Red Mountain Resort

Been boarding since 1990

when you only go 3 times a year & have a flat back yard, it's hard to get good.

Last year was my first season pass ever. Wifey loves me.

This year, no snow. We be praying every night haha

well hello.

O, just picked up the burton custom Flying V for this season. I've been once. I like it better than the custom X. Found out later on that X means extra stiff. Not cool.

O & got warranty on a pair of Vans Aurora so I made a change & waiting for Burton Grails to come in February.

Pumped.

Well this should be a fun time now

#2,306 ·
Friends, Countrymen, Hear me

Darrell ‘Drail’ Talastas

Born and raised in VA, land of no snow, traffic jams and expensive living.

27 years old and I have been boarding for about 6 years off and on, been skateboarding since I was 15 and picked up snowboarding when I was about 18/20 I believe?

Just got back into it from a 5 year stint as I had my original set up stolen / moved out and was super broke haha.

Anyways stoked on getting back into it, I am down in Richmond VA now and just got back from Snowshoe Mountain and it’s like I never stopped (thank god).

Bought a new set up and rocking the Solomon Fierce and some Flow Fives

Going to be upgrading my boots and worn pants soon and then back to the slopes

#2,308 · (Edited)
26 from CA, been snowboarding one time and got hooked.
Just got some gear that im stoked to ride. Burton Ambush boots on a Burton Clash 155 paired with some Cartels.I got a good deal
on everything here. Was going to get a Rome Mod but right before purchase found a large ding that went through, so the shop
i was at said they could not sell me the board. I'm new to this whole snowboarding thins so i guess it was a bad ding either way
excited to start this new lifestyle.

Attachments

#2,309 ·
Hello From Whitefish

Hi everyone! When I choose to do something I do it full guns and I just got into snowboarding and love it. The only thing I regret is that I didn't get into snowboarding sooner. I live in Whitefish Montana. I try to ride everyday before and/or after work. I read everything I can about snowboarding and I am goofy foot and like riding switch. I now have two NS decks. A Proto Hdx and a wide SL (NS calls it a legacy, i.e. whatever) I have GNU mutant bindings (mounted 15 degrees duck) and Burton boots. I found I like a wide 23" stance on the Proto. My favorite move so far is a toeside reverse falling leaf (people who know me on the mountain will know who I am from that lol). I have met many cool, helpful and friendly people on big mountain and hope to meet many more here and at other riding destinations. My friends and family call me BearPaw.

#2,311 ·
Hi friends, My name is Ryan and I'm 30 from north eastern PA. Montage mountain is my home mountain. Getting back into it after a few years off. Teaching my girl how to do it. Took her out for the first time a few days ago. We work crazy hours so it is hard to find time to go. Glad I rented a board and now I know 100% I prefer park boards with flex. I gave my old Burton to her because it's a tad to small for me. I like small boards but a 141 is a tad to small for me. Lots of good info on this website I like what I see so far. Hope to keep learning.

#2,313 ·
Hi, Windsufing sounds like fun. :thumbsup: It went a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. She took the ski lift like a champ and went straight down the bunny hill. :giggle: Told her she needs to turn and stop. She caught her toe edge and face planted. I warned her about that. I'm just letting her do her own thing. She is sore but I warned her about that. Hope she stays with it....so I have a riding partner. :)

#2,316 · (Edited)
Hey gents, My name is Mike, but everyone calls me Butters. I'm 27 and from Atlanta, GA. I am completely new to snowboarding. Just bought my first board. It's a Nidecker Smoke. We are taking a trip in march to Steamboat Springs anyone have any advice, as far as gear for the trip or just about steamboat in general? Just an offer, but my family owns a screen printing and embroidery shop, so if anyone wants their gear personalized let me know I'll give ya a good deal.

KCCO!

Edit: Just wanted y'all to know I wasn't trying to spam my business, that's not what I'm about at all. I am about helping and since I have the means I just wanted to offer it up.

#2,317 ·
Hi bros, my name Benito, I live in Venezuela where there is no snow, only beaches and hot climate, I traveled to Colorado and fell in love with snowboard, just a week in a snowing mountain helps me be happy, I don't own a board even thought i'm planning on buying one soon. I forgot, i'm 17 and enjoy bud.

Nice to meet you all and hope to be useful in this forum.