Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - newbie snowboarder needing new spots to learn
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
caribchakita

Default newbie snowboarder needing new spots to learn

My first snowboard experience was at Cranmore, New Hampshire. Cute mountain, easy parking, horrendous rental chaos, nice staff, mediocre lessons on a cramped beginner hill packed with kids. Nice lodge and basic fare ski lodge dining.

Next day we hit up Bretton Woods. It was AMAZING..gorgeous, super efficient rentals, super staff, super lessons, great beginner hill with a chairlift for practice (didn't fall off once, yahhh)...fun lodge and well, overall, I loved it all.

We head to Wachusett Sunday for proximity and back to Conway area the 8th so may try Attitash and on the way back, Gunstock. Any opinion on either? I really prefer a larger beginner area or easy peasy green circle trails and good lessons as I prefer learning this way.

Lastly, V Day weekend we are thinking VT so want a low key mountain with the same. My friend snowboards black diamonds but will go with the flow for whatever I choose as he wants me to be happy and to learn.

Oh by the way, how long does a tailbone injury take to heal? Day 6 here and man, oh man, still sore!!

Last edited by caribchakita; 01-24-2014 at 09:05 PM.
caribchakita is offline   Reply With Quote