Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - noobs using gopros
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
eli783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsSnow View Post
Anyone see this?

I don't mean those boarders who are filming themselves doing shitty ollies/180s with lots of arm flailing or whatever, I'm talking about complete first-timers.

Saw this guy doing a heelslide down the bunny slope with 2 of his friends (all doing the same thing), while holding a gopro on a monopod out for the entire time. I thought it was pretty amusing, as the guys could not even do falling leaf (one of them tried a falling leaf and somehow caught his front edge), and the guy with the gopro was panning the camera around to show different angles and perspectives. left, right, above his head, from knee level... i have to say, he was pretty good at using the gopro

and the kicker - I saw this right before I went in for a quick lunch. I spotted them again during one of my last few runs of the day - doing the exact same thing (still heelsliding).

i'm not laughing at their heelslide - we'll all been there once - but when everyone else is zooming past you, isn't it kind of obvious that you're doing something wrong and should be fixing it rather than spend all the time developing your cinematography skills
aint nobody from the tri state got time to learn how to ride
eli783 is offline   Reply With Quote