Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What sports do you do when there isn't any snow?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 01:01 AM   #110 (permalink)
SuCoSlayer

Wakeboarding, soccer, and CrossFit. When I moved from CO to AL I thought it would suck not getting to ride nearly as much, but it turns out I ride just as often. When the water is choppy we wakesurf. Either way its a great way to spend time with family and friends. There's definitely a different dynamic to it since only one person rides at a time. There's less riding time, but its still fun and very relaxing to sit in the boat with friends, tunes, and beer. I'm certainly not complaining!

It's interesting to me how similar the two are. Not just in the riding itself, but the subculture of each is nearly identical. They even mimick each other in films. The year after That's It That's All came out, the Hyperlite team movie (Hyperlite is like the Burton of wake) "Rewritten" hit. It copied a lot from TITA. From little things like editing in cuts from walkie talkie dialogue to big things like instead of each rider getting their own film segment, each location gets its own section with all the riders sessioning it in their own way. First time I've seen that in a wake film. And some of the exact same music, too. It seems like its mostly wake ripping off snow, but that may be bc I'm a little biased...
SuCoSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote