Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013/14 Arbor Coda Review
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
bebop_monk

Default 2013/14 Arbor Coda Review

Picked this board up mid December and now having ridden it for a while in a variety of conditions, I thought I'd post a quick review.

Rider stats: 5'8", 185 lbs, reg, 21.5" width, +15, -12, Flux SF, Coda 158

Flex: The Coda seems to be true mid flex.

Turning/ Edge Hold: Initiation is a bit slower than my old Yes GB, but it gets the job done. You won't be laying trenches with this, but overall I feel pretty confident all over the mountain. Pretty quick in the powder though. Def does not grip the ice as well as my Yes did, but fortunately I live in Utah so it's not a huge issue for me.

Speed: Pretty quick. Once again, not as fast as my Yes, but it's more than enough for me. Also does a good job at maintaining speed on the flats.

Pop: Lots of pop. It's kind of strange to load, but lots and lots of pop. Super fun to play around the mountain with.

Butters: Full reverse so butter for days. Pow butters like a breeze.

Powder: Awesome. Floats great. Turns quick. Super fun.

Park: I haven't taken it through the park at all, but it seems like it would do alright there.

Overall: I've really enjoyed this board so far. Just an all around fun board, whether it's cruising groomers or finding natural terrain hits. I love how good it is in the pow. Only real cons for me are the slow turn initiation and lack of a good edge on the slick stuff. If you're looking for something to take all over the mountain and still slay the pow, def check this board out. 9/10
bebop_monk is offline   Reply With Quote