Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Quick question about new board

800 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  iamstig 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been riding a Burton Twin 157 for a couple of years and liked it a lot. I wanted to try new bindings though and found I couldn't use the ones I wanted on the old M5 ICS board so I sold it and am now trying to figure out which new board I want. I have narrowed it down to a Rossignol Angus or Taipan as both are on sale locally and they seem like great boards. I ride mostly groomers on prairie bumps so our runs aren't typically long, steep or powdery so I've now taken to trying a few simple jibs etc. I don't see me being a park rat though...far to old to start that :) I do kite board though so the twin shape is a must.

Anyway I'm 5' 11", 165 - 170lbs and have Burton Moto 11.5 boots. Most manufacture sites seem to claim that I'd need a wide board but my Burton wasn't that wide (254mm) and I never had an issue on that.

The shop has an Angus 155 (250 waist) and a 158 MW that's listed at 261 waist and I think the Taipans are similar widths. I haven't ridden a true wide board in years when I was just learning and when I switched to the Burton Twin I notice how much better it felt. When I put the 155 next to the 158MW and stood on both the 158MW seemed so much bigger so I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go for a longer wider board or not?

Thoughts?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.