Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Shapes and options...???
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Taylor_Gang

Default Snowboard Shapes and options...???

After riding for 6-7 years now. I think I know what kind of board shape suits me the "BEST".

I am male...5'5" and 160lbs. Size 7 boots/feet/shoes. Fairly Stocky build for my height. I have broad shoulders and hips for my height and therefore my stance width is a little wide compared to someone taller/skinnier with smaller shoulders/hips. My stance width is right around 21.5-23.00" and use 12,-12 angles.

I am looking for a snowboard that is:

1. Moderately thin/narrow in the width/middle. I have small feet and I think narrower width snowboards suit me better for turning and response.

2. Wide tips. I like tips that are a little wider than standard for stability when doing butters and presses. I like to ride PARK and do jumps and butters mostly.

3. Moderately Soft in the flex. I ride mostly PARK and groomed trails. Probably 3-4 out of a 10 is my ideal stiffness.

4. Most importantly...because I am a little heavy/stocky and have a standard to moderately wide stance...I need a board with a "longer effective edge" or "running length" than I am used to for stability, speed and progression. I like short 148-150 boards but they seem to "buckle/shake/unstable" under my feet sometimes under heavy load/pressure/jumps/toeside/heelside turns. I think I should step up to 151-153 or a short board but with a "longer effective edge" for my style of riding and stability.

Standard camber ALL THE WAY!!! I tried rocker boards and I don't like them. They feel "dead" and not "springy". I need that "springy" feel under my feet/butt/waist.

Anyone have suggestions for a snowboard with this kind of shape/profile? Any name brands are fine except BURTON.

I was thinking of switching over to a WOMEN'S higher end park board. Do you think a women's board might be the right option since they are a little thinner in the waist...???

I want it to be pretty close to what I have outlined above. I think if I could find this snowboard for my next bread&butter board...I would be HAPPY!!!

Thanks.

Last edited by Taylor_Gang; 01-25-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Taylor_Gang is offline   Reply With Quote