Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Shapes and options...???
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Taylor_Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
sounds like you need a YES TDF..150 N
YES. SNOWBOARDS » TDF

Length: 150 cm, 154 cm, 157 cm
Camber: standard
Shape: twin
Flex: soft
Effective Edge: [150cm] 1100 mm, [154cm] 1140 mm, [157cm] 1160 mm
Waist Width: [150cm] 242 mm, [154cm] 245 mm, [157cm] 248 mm
Sidecut Radius: [150cm] 7.4 m, [154cm] 7.5 m, [157cm] 7.6 m
Stance Width: [150cm] 19.7 - 24.4 in, [154cm] 20 - 24.8 in, [157cm] 20.5 - 25.2 in
Stance Setback: centered
Core: poplar with beech Impact blocks
Base: sintered 2000
Recommended Use: freestyle, park
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
Haha...I knew someone was going to post this board. I actually bought and rode the 1st generation version in 150...back in 2010/11. The one with the hand signs and white background with black writing. I only rode it about 3-4 times that season.

I actually liked it. I liked the shape, weight, speed and stability.

The only problem I had with it...was I felt it was "too stiff" at slower speeds for some park stuff that I was doing. I mainly used it on soft groomed snow and I think that is the reason why it felt stiff. Because of that...It kind of felt uncontrollable and like I was putting "too much energy/effort" into my turns/tricks. I think the "best reason" for this is...I believe this board was made specifically for "bigger/advanced park riding and moderate backcountry/off piste". I was mainly doing simple/small park stuff at the time and because of that...I sold it and was still looking for something softer but with the same shape/attributes.

I think I would of liked it if it was a little bit more soft. Also...I think I should of rode it longer to break it in. If I would of rode it longer...it might of gotten softer and I would of been ok with it than.

The softness factor I like is probably more close to..."a tad stiffer...not much" than a "2008 regular camber K2 WWW...the one with the colorful playing card kings/queens/spades/clovers". Anyone remember that board...?!?!? MAN I LOVED that board!!. That was the first snowboard I bought that boosted my confidence the most and progressed my riding to what it is now. The only problem was it was a little "too soft" and "Short" in running length. I rode the 148 and at the end of the season...the pop was gone and the board felt dead/flat. I should of bought the next size bigger of which would of been the 150/51.

Sorry peeps for being so ANAL. I know...its just snowboarding! On that same note...I LOVE SNOWBOARDING and so I feel like I have to be anal with my setup/gear.

Thanks.

Last edited by Taylor_Gang; 01-25-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Taylor_Gang is offline   Reply With Quote