Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on toeside carves
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Off the top of my head: heelside is where almost all of major damage occurs on your board, and as you "sit" on your heels, your weight and everything is in a more natural "stacked" position so to speak. I'm also speaking off riding recently, it was a hardpack groomer day....

As you go to toeside, your ass and back are no longer lined up with the edge, so in order to get into a more critical edge angle, you have to do less natural things with your body, focus on ankle/knee and hip flexion like tree riding as you adjust your weight to handle that angle. If you try to do it with your weight that sits on the heelside naturally in your torso, its gonna throw your shit off balance on the toeside.

Finally, adjusting your fore-aft position through a turn including board flexion and feeling this go from a hippy feel on the heelside to a ankle/knee feel on the toe side, helps.

finally part 2: because you are trying to keep your upper body relatively quiet along the fall line, all of this shit is going on below your lower back.

don't look at the only picture I posted this year lol.

Heeledge is simply more natural, hence first statement regarding damage, and why u feel this way.

Last edited by snowklinger; 01-26-2014 at 03:45 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote