Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder board for bigger guys
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
vajohn

I'm not really that interested in opinions on length, just opinions on these boards or similar boards. I have gotten heavier and my boards have gotten longer and longer over last 20 years. I rode camber boards boards as short as 154 back in the day when I was 6', 165 lbs and riding park most of the time. Now, 168 on a straight camber deck, like my custom x is actually about perfect. The juice wagon 170 would be fine.The gyrator and slackcountry I found are only normal width at that price and the 168s have the right width for my feet. They might be a little long, but not real bad. I would rather have a 163 or 162 wide for those boards if I could find them at a good price.

I do have a 163 wide flat rocker board now and I would have liked more length on the days I've ridden it in powder, otherwise the size is fine. But it is not really made for powder anyway.

-Actually, you did get me thinking ahead for when I lose weight...they do have slackcountry in a 164 and waist width is just wide enough at 25.8. Kind of looking like my best option under $400.

Last edited by vajohn; 01-26-2014 at 11:37 AM.
vajohn is offline   Reply With Quote