Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Quantum Review Sort Of
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
tonicusa
Veteran Member

Default Salomon Quantum Review Sort Of

Salomon Quantum:

First impressions, not a full review.
(I rode these with a Capita NAS, Signal OG, YES Big City)

Rode my new Quantums today. They are exactly the "fix" for people finding the Holograms not stiff enough laterally or in the high back.

The entire binding is stiffer over all and where my Holograms started to cave on hard carves or the pipe wall the Quantums hold up just fine. You still get that feeling of being able to ride with your feet, it's just a little less fun for lack of a better word. The trade off is you can blast the pipe with them, hit bigger jumps etc.and really ride all mountain. I prefer them over my reflex Malavitas.

But I must say the Holograms are more fun if you are someone that doesn't need the performance of the Quantum like a park dude who isn't hitting booters or riding pipe much.

The straps on the Quantum are noticeably stiffer, I think I might try swapping them with the Holograms for fun. Also the toe strap is different and I prefer the one on the Hologram to the webbing on the Quantum. Also the highbacks don't seem as well designed to fit the binding as on the Hologram. Forward lean is wonky, so I rode without it. It seems the Hologram is a more cohesive product design from inception, but the Quantum gets it done.

Overall a good binding and fills in the gaps between the Hologram and traditional bindings like the reflex Genesis or Malavita.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote