Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 K2 Maysis flex and toeside turn
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
reduakm

Default 2014 K2 Maysis flex and toeside turn

Hi All,

I am wondering if something has any ideas about this. I have a pair or 2014 K2 Maysis with about 7 days of riding on them. I also had a boot fitter make a custom heat molded footbed for these boots so there is no heal movement.

The issue that I am having is with toeside turns. Don't get me wrong I can do toeside turns ok but it seems that I have to use my feet more with these boots. With other boots I would tend to rely on my shins to do large toeside carves but even more so on long toeside mountain traverses. It seems like with these boots there is maybe too much flex in the ankle and I am not able to leverage my shins all that much if at all. Then I try to compensate but tightening things up maybe a little too much and end up with cold feet.

Has anyone experienced this? The boots definitely fit. I am wondering if I should be looking for a different pair of boots or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks
reduakm is offline   Reply With Quote