Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Width, board length, and ollies.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Littlebigdreams

Default Stance Width, board length, and ollies.

I recently got a 156cm full camber board (capita outsiders) and I'm having trouble doing ollies and nollies. I can't help but wonder if it's too long for me or if I should keep working on my technique?

I can barely bend the board and my ollies feel like they're a few inches off the ground. I feel like the board wants to snap back into shape before I could fully load up the nose or tail.

I weight 165lbs and usually I ride a 150cm park pickle or a 154cm Capita DOA. I have no problem doing ollies on either of those boards. Last week i think there was this ollie bar in the park that marked 2 feet high and I didn't have any issues going over it. It's nothing much but good enough height for me =/

Even on the 154cm Capita DOA (broke recently), I could easily ollie fairly high up in the air. I heard that it should have almost an identical profile as the Capita Outsiders. This is what confuses me the most. Given the same bindings setup and similar board profiles, how come these two boards feel so different?

Should I sell the 156 Outsiders and find a 154 DOA again? Or should I keep working hard on those ollies on the 156 because it's clearly my technique and not the board?
Littlebigdreams is offline   Reply With Quote